September 7 2015- URC Board Meeting at Elmer’s from 4:30 to 5:30. Leadership attendees will share what happened at the Leadership training in August. See URC Events/Calendar for 2016-2017 for agenda. We meet in dining room so ask a waitress if you want to join us!
October 12, 2016- 4:30 to 5:30. First membership meeting at Elmer’s! Join us for the introduction to our activities for 2016-17. Learn about Dialogic Reading which will be our professional development road show. Joy Malone received an ORA Literacy Grant to train people in Dialogic Reading. Door prizes , a free 2 year membership and other surprises given out.
November 10, 2016- URC Board Meeting at Elmer’s from 4:30 t0 5:30. Discussion will include
- Celebration of Literacy
- Poster Contest
- Book Exchange
- Battle of the Books
- Literacy Leader Award
- Patricia Gallagher Books
- Oracle Article Due November 28, 2016
December 14, 2016- Membership Meeting ( TBA) Elmer’s 4:30 to 5:30.
- Plan Literacy Leader Reception send out nomination forms
- January ORA meeting. Who’s going and date.
- Membership Event
January 4, 2017- URC Board Meeting at Elmer’s from 4:30 to 5:30.
- Planning for Celebration of Literacy, Poster Contest, Book Exchange,Literacy Leader Reception, Oracle Article due March 13, 2017
- Literacy Leader nomination f
February 1, 2017 – URC Board Meeting 4:30 to 5:30 at Elmer’s.
- Poster Judging for Poster Contest
- Honor Council
- TAR Meeting
February 8, 2017 – Literacy Leader Awards –
- Professional Development Center (PDC) at 1419 NW Valley View Drive in Roseburg, OR. 4:30 to 5:30. Reception with refreshments where we honor several literacy leaders who are nominated by their peers.
March 8, 2017 –
- Professional Development (TBA) – Elmer’s from 4:30-5:30.
- ORA April Board Meeting Date: Who’s going?
April 12, 2017 – URC Board Meeting – Elmer’s from 4:30 to 5:30.
- Nomination of next year’s officers.
- Next year’s calendar
- Honor Council & Council of Excellence
May 10, 2017- Membership Event-
- Celebration of our accomplishments for the year!
- appetizers and soft drinks on Umpqua Reading Council